Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The 600 Club

This marks our 600th post here at "A Pride of Lyons."  I'm happy to report that there are now a total of nine people that read this blog regularly but since I counted the grandmothers twice (because they read all posts twice) there are really only five readers :)  You guys are my biggest fans, thanks :)

I wasn't really planning to do anything special for this except that I saw that I was at 599 posts and I couldn't believe I've spent the last, almost, 6 years writing about our family here and I thought that I would list the 600 reasons why I love (and hate) keeping this blog up.

Just kidding.  I have to make dinner tonight so I'll just stick to 10 reasons.  My family will thank me because I'm so thoughtful like that.

10. I love writing here because I really enjoy writing, but I'm not good enough to get paid for this so I torture my close family and friends with my thoughts and reward them with cute pictures of my beautiful children.

9.  On that note... We DO have beautiful children and I think some company should put them in their ad campaigns but since no one has called us yet or stopped us at the park to invite us to a photo shoot, I'll just post cute pictures of them here for the five of you.

8.  I have a terrible, terrible, memory and I would not remember 75% of what happened in our lives if I didn't write it down.  Seriously.  I've had to go back in this blog and search for posts of when the kids hit their milestones so that I can accurately fill out paperwork at doctor's offices, etc.

7.  Revenge for the teenage years.

6.  We're funny.  Well, we think we're funny (which is what matters, right?) and the kids make us laugh so I like to write about that.

5.  Ok, so here is one thing I strongly dislike.  The pressure of keeping this up.  While I enjoy it and wish that I could write something every day I just don't have/make the time and so then a week goes by and so much has happened and I don't know where to start, what's important, etc.  Oh, the stress!

4. I am hoping that the kids will see how much I love them and have devoted my life to them through these posts because one or both of them tell me everyday to "get away" or that they're "mad" at me.  I hear that it gets worse in puberty. 

3. This is a great way to keep up with everyone that wants to stay connected with us and I'm really not a great phone person.  Clearly, I do this for selfish reasons :)

2.  Did I mention that my kids are awesome and beautiful?

1. David works long hours and talks all day at work.  It's good for our marriage when I talk to you all :)  LOL.  Just kidding... He loves that I do this for all the same reasons.  And he's very supportive of the time I take to do this.

On to post #601!

4 comments:

  1. Only twice, I don't think so.....if you added up all the times I check to see IF there is a post, you'd wonder how I get anything done around here! GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count your Lubbock as people who read your blog. I love that you do this so we casn keep up with the Lyons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging! I love reading your posts. Your cuz in Texas, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you count me? I read all of them, my sweet!!! You are an awesome writer and I wouldn't (don't) miss any editions! Love, Aunt Col.

    ReplyDelete