Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wap Me Up


Before I say anything about the spitfire pictured above let me just tell you all that it. has. happened.

It is COLD!  And this is how I feel.  For real. 


It is supposed to get down to 26 degrees in the next two nights and it's going to snow. But then it's supposed to be in the 70's next week. I think I will just make like a bear and hibernate for several days. 

Ok, now that I have gotten that out of the way let me tell you a little story about HG.

HG loves her ba-beak (blanket) which happens to be a hand me down from Blaine and she will not go to bed without it.  Every night when we put her in bed we wrap her up in her ba-beak, all snuggled up, and leave the room.  And then like clock work she climbs out of bed walks out her door to the top of the stairs and screams our names.

"DAAADAAAA!  MAAAMAAA!"

"What do you need Hannah?"

"Wap me up!" (Translation: Wrap me up!)  The way she says it makes us laugh every time she yells down at us.

We follow up with: "I already did.  Go back to your bed."
'
And then there is usually some excuse like, "I need cold water."  Or, "I have to go pee-pee."  But usually she just repeats "Wap me up!" as loud and as long as she can.

Usually one of us, desperate to get some peace and quiet for the first time all day, goes upstairs and lays the smack down.

And then we see that in the five minutes that we have left her room when she was all "wapped up" she has managed to take every book off her shelf and every piece of clothing in her closet off the hanger.  After all that work she did to tear up her room of course she needed to be wapped up (again!)

After the second (or maybe third, fourth...) wap, she finally passes out.  And sometimes we even get to hear her cute little voice in the middle of the night screaming: "Wap me up!"  

Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment