Monday, September 19, 2011

Food Hangovers and A New Wardrobe

I don't think I could possibly handle another day of celebrating (with food at least).  It started Friday night after Ruth's and then continued through Saturday night.  Sunday morning I felt like I had a hangover, except I hadn't consumed one drop of alcohol all weekend.  Only food.  And lots of it.  Sometimes it's nice to just get off the health band wagon and live a little but I must say I went a little too far.

The King had a great day weekend and even this morning Blaine was telling David "Happy Birthday, Daddy!"




One of the best gifts (certainly the one that got the most laughs) was this t-shirt from David's Nana and her husband, Ray.  They found this while they were on vacation in Colorado and it was practically made for David.




Too funny.  (And true!)

Hannah's Mimi brought a few (hundred) 'prizes' for her.  Some friends of my MIL's have granddaughters that have grown out of their 12 and 18-month clothes so they were kind enough to pass on a slew of gently used (and some new) clothing and shoes to our lil' Missy.  Hannah had a blast going through her new wardrobe and she was especially proud of her new, frilly, pink skirt.





Just one stack of the clothes we went through.



"Should I wear the jellies or the tennis shoes?"

Adorable Sunday's Best!


Blaine had some quiet time last night making a fort for his beloved dinosaur collection.  If you're scared of sharks (or dragons), you might not want to look through these pictures. :)






And David and I?  Well, we spent most of the last few nights tossing and turning from our various ailments.  It seems that we both have neck/head/back issues and my potentially bruised rib(s) continue to give me trouble during the day and night.  It's been brutal.  I look forward to a night where one of us isn't writhing in pain.  We think we're too young for all this body-pain business!

No comments:

Post a Comment