Saturday, September 24, 2011

Two Dates

I'm not sure who took who but Blaine and I went on a date last night.  We left HG and D to fend for themselves and headed to the movies to see The Lion King in 3D.  This happens to be one of Blaine's top three movie choices so he was very excited to see it on the big screen.  We both really enjoyed it and I even (shocker) cried when Mufasa died - just like the other 100 times I've seen it.

I knew the date was over when (before we even left the building) Blaine was asking (telling) me to take him to Toys R Us to buy him a spider man toy.  Nice.  I had a great time too, son.

But Blaine forgot all of that toy business when we got home because he has some new pets to take care of.  Besides Nemo (fish) Blaine has a snail and four caterpillars to take care of.  The caterpillars are called Wooly Bear caterpillars and they will turn into isabella moths sometime soon.  Blaine's Papa overnighted them to him on Thursday all the way from Michigan.  We bought them a home and take daily walks to the park to refresh their food supply.  I asked Blaine if he wanted to name them and he told me, "Mama, they already have a name - caterpillars!"  Silly me.





We started our Saturday like most others, at the YMCA.  Aftrewards Hannah and I went to the Cedar Park Farmer's Market where we loaded up on some grass-fed beef, gluten free-noodles, and homemade blackberry jam.  When we got home I made Blaine some homemade GF pretzals, like the big soft ones you get at the mall (Mmm mmm).  Both kids like them, so I'm excited about that.  The best part of the afternoon - both kids went down for their naps with no fuss and slept a solid two hours.  D and I were able to get some work done and then when the kids got up we headed to Zilker park for a train ride and time at the playground.




(Blaine took this picture.  Pretty good!)

Our faces crack me up in this pic.


Something pretty interesting over there...

HG trying to punk Daddy out.




We had a great family "date day", as Blaine liked to call it and now everyone is tuckered out from the busyness. 

And that's how it should be!

Good night =)     

No comments:

Post a Comment