Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pooh

We survived our busy morning.  Barely.

Blaine had soccer pictures this morning (which he smiled for) then he had a game.  No improvement over last week, unfortunately.  He still stands in the middle of the field (hand in mouth) while his entire team runs after the ball and towards the goal.  His coach even had to physically move Blaine's foot today so he'd kick the ball.  So, I can't even really say he kicked the ball... but it was his foot that made contact :)  Anyway, we'll try again in a few weeks.

After the game we went to the Y so I could work out and he could get some play time in the kids gym.  Hanny happily went to the daycare to play with the sweet girls that take care of her.  She loves it there.

We came home and had lunch and I put dinner in the oven (St. Louis spare ribs... in case you're wondering)  If I get ambitious I am going to make potato salad too.  Sitting here on the couch is draining my ambition though, I gotta be honest. 

David will be gone until around 5:00 and I haven't heard from him yet so I don't know how the tournament is going.  Could be good or bad news that he hasn't called me back.  Blaine hopes he catches some big hog bass.

And before nap today Blaine asked if he could read me a book and I asked if I could record him.  He agreed.  And now you get to witness pure genius.  Ok, so maybe we've just read the book 498 times in the last few years and he's memorized it, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment