Thursday, April 14, 2011

One Lousy Picture

I lived yet another day as a chicken though today seemed a bit less crazy than most.  Thursdays are swimming days for Blaine.  Actually we swim together for 30 minutes and then he has his swim lesson.  We were less than impressed with the YMCA's swim lessons only because I think 6 kids is way too many for one instructor and Blaine did a lot of "waiting," and I really wish it would have been more intense, but he's a pretty good swimmer so something was working for him I guess.  I feel confident that he can get himself out of the water or float on his back if he's in trouble and in general he is swimming really well so we're happy about that.  He can swim probably 10 yards on his own, coming up for air just once or twice.  He puts those goggles on and turns into an Olympic pint-sized swimmer.  We're going to take a break from lessons since we'll be swimming so much on our own this summer and we'll join again in the fall.

Hannah continues to improve though she's still pulling on her ears and having trouble at night, which I think is unrelated to her ears, but it's still frustrating.  She is talking up a storm these days - Dada is her favorite word (and her favorite person) but she can say Mama and then a bunch of gibberish which are probably words that we can't make out yet.  She loves dogs (as Blaine did) and points to everything now. 

I wish I had more pictures tonight, but I only have this one.  I have a video of the kids and I playing but it didn't end well (if you know what I mean) so I have to keep it private.


David has a fishing tournament this weekend, Blaine has soccer pictures and a game and Hannah and I are going to support our boys in their chosen sports, eat and be merry.  It's a rough life, but someone has to do it.   We're also getting ready for a mini-vacation to Edinburg for Easter.  David's Nana and her husband, Ray, live there.  It's about a five and a half hour drive or a one hour plane ride.  We opted for the plane since we have two children and I am not ready to go to the Psych ward just yet.  Blaine got the biggest suitcase he could find tonight and told me he was "packin' for Nana's!"  When I asked what he was packing he told me he was going to fill the whole thing with toys.  He's clearly got his priorities straight.  We are looking forward to some time in "the valley" as we call it here in Texas.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment