Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Like a Chicken...

I think it must have been a mom that came up with the phrase "running around like a chicken with its head cut off" except that while running around the chicken is wiping running noses, doing laundry, making dinner, grocery shopping, vacuuming up chunks of Only-God-Knows-What, wrestling a 3-year old throwing a tantrum, wiping butts, folding laundry, scrubbing toilets, paying bills, taking toddler to this practice and that practice and then managing to find time to read (and not for pleasure), email, connect with friends, workout, eat, sleep, and not run into the fence or another chicken. 

Seriously though, this is how I feel nowadays.  I thought I was busy when I was single and teaching and then I thought I had no time with one kiddo but now... now I know the truth.  I am just a chicken with my head cut off and I run around all day and night not knowing what just happened or what will happen next.

But besides me being totally exhausted and feeling like I accomplish very little each day life is pretty darn good.  God certainly makes this season of life an interesting one.  Even though it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not.  I really do enjoy these days and am so blessed to have this beautiful life.  I love my babies, my devoted husband and my family.  It's all good.

Enough of that.

Blaine had a dentist appointment today and he went back to have his teeth cleaned all by himself.  I waited in the waiting room with Hanny and Mister went back with Ms. Tiffany, his hygienist.   I was so proud of him and he was proud that he didn't have to have his teeth "drilled".  She said he was perfect and co-operative and such a "doll".  I asked if she could take him to soccer practice and work her "doll" magic there but she only laughed.  Good job on your perfect dental report card, Mister!

Here he is putting his stickers from the dentist all over his body.  He would also tear them off and Hannah would laugh at him.  Such a jokster.









Silly Mister. These last two pictures were taken at breakfast this past weekend before soccer. He told us that he was going to play soccer on this day but when we got there it was another disaster. Actually, he did kick the ball twice but then got scared when the ball was kicked towards him. 

Hanny was feeling better today and she took her first post operation bath. It was a big deal since she loves her bath but now I am paranoid about getting water near her ears because if she does we have to put these liquid gold drops in her ears. Ok, so they're not really liquid gold but they are very expensive and if she gets any water in her ears she has to have the drops put in her ears and it's just another thing that this chicken does not want to have to remember to do. She also has a gigantic appetite now. She's been eating so much lately and thankfully she's eating more things on her own now so I can just set her up in her high chair and go about my business in the kitchen and she does her thing. That makes me happy and it's as if I am multi-tasking!  Beautiful!

This chicken is tired.  Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment