Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rough Night

I should have gotten the camera out to document last night's (or should I say, this morning's) events...


Some idiot cat (sorry cat lovers) got stuck in our backyard and starting at about 1:30 am or so... we heard "Meeeeow"... "Meeeeeoooowwwwww"...and it would stop and then it would start again. On and on and on. I told David that I thought it might be stuck inside something back there, so he should go check it out. He did and finally saw the darn thing, hiding in the back left corner of our yard. He went back there to scare it away, up and over the fence (he thought)... but it didn't budge. We think it was a house cat de-clawed, so it couldn't get over the fence. Anyway, it started shrieking and hissing when he (gently) took a rake to it, trying to get it to go towards the open gate. This cat was not going anywhere.

So, we brought in the "Big Guns". Tug.

Tug was on a leash, but he couldn't even get the darn thing to move. It hissed and arched its stupid back and cried like some helpless idiot (Ummm, can you tell we're not cat lovers around here?). Finally, we were tired and Tug was upset that his barks and raised fur couldn't scare a 5 pound cat away so we all retired to bed. It must have figured out how to leave the yard because it was gone this morning.

I don't think it will be back to our yard anytime soon.

Because of the lack of sleep last night I didn't think I would make it out on my 5 mile run this morning, but I did. In 47 minutes nonetheless. I've really gotta push it though if I am going to break an hour in this 10K.

Oh, and one so-cool side note about Mister Man. He is soaking up the sign language. He knows "more", "bath", and "hungry"... now I've got to learn some more signs.

(P.S. Right now Blaine should be napping (well, he should have fallen asleep an hour ago) but he's in there making lion and dog noises. Great! I've got to go regulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment