Monday, March 16, 2009

Cold weather and the Common Cold

Not only has it been cold here, but both my boys have had colds. Blaine got the runny-nose/cough thing last week and then David brought his home on Friday. I think (hope) the last of it will be gone today for both of them.

We still have some serious concerns about Blaine's purple lip issue. Here are some good shots of it. Dr. Dan suggested we go see a cardiologist--I think it's come to that. :(
I was a slack-runner last week because of the cold front that came through. It brought rain and 40 degree temperatures. No way! Running in that brought back terrible memories of training for my marathons in the snow in Michigan--not my idea of fun, that's for sure. I'm running in the Cap-City 10K in 2 weeks and feel pretty prepared. It's only 6.2 miles... but for a girl that has run a lot in the past and then went to not running at all (for years)... this has been a challenge. I am running 9 minute miles right now and hope to work on speed over the next few weeks, as I don't think the distance is a big deal at this point. Wish me luck... and good health :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure B's purple lips are nothing, but we'll still keep him in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete