Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What's Up?

We celebrated an old man's birthday this past weekend.  David turned 35 (GASP!)  He actually spent the weekend in the mountains at a men's retreat but was home in time on Sunday to enjoy this gem of a cake:


I wish that I would have taken a picture after the kids actually finished decorating.  Think more. More of everything :)  It was a beauty.  But actually super yummy.  Here are some pictures from David's Dora the Explorer (see hat) party, which he really enjoyed.

I had no "35" to put on the cake so we decided that #1 would work :)




The kids and I spent the weekend picking raspberries, making jam, watching movies and being silly.



Unfortunately Blaine's soccer game was canceled (he plays on Saturdays) due to the terrible flooding we had last week but they will be back on the field this weekend.  Here is a picture from his first game a few weeks ago.  You can't make him out, but he just kicked the ball in this picture.  (He's dead center in the photo next to his coach.)  He actually learned a lot at his skills camp this last summer so he was ready to play on the six year old league and I was personally impressed.  He even scored two goals!  Yay Mister!  Though he did score he was more of a defensive player.  We noticed he was very good about reading the field and knowing where to be in order to defend the goal.  Very proud of him!

Oh, and I have a huge belly.  A camera couldn't possibly capture my hugeness so sorry, no pictures :)  I was 23 weeks on Tuesday but it feels like I am 33 weeks!  Baby Boy is not super active, like Blaine was, but lets me know he is there a handful of times in a day.  Sleeping is pretty much difficult and bending over and oh, walking up the stairs.  I am winded more of the day than not!  Sheesh.  Hannah continues to love on him and talks to him throughout the day.  Blaine is mostly interested in how many poops the baby will have and if Daddy will have to plug his nose when changing him! :)  We had a name picked out then decided against it and then had another name and I decided I didn't like it so still no name for Mister #2.  But, we're working on it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment