Friday, August 30, 2013

The Goods

The kids have been eager to find out the gender of baby number three for a while now and this past week came the moment we were all waiting for: the ultrasound!

David couldn't be there so I had the ultrasound tech put the picture and baby's gender in an envelope so we could open together as a family.  Before you watch the video you should know that Hannah was SURE baby was a girl and Blaine was SURE baby was a boy.




As you can see, someone in our family took the news quite... hard!  She was devastated and even told us, "I don't like baby boys!"  We tried convincing her that she would be special because she would be our only girl and that makes her a super princess, but she wasn't having it.  It was hard for us not to laugh (because frankly the video is pretty funny) but I'm happy to report that this story ends well.  HG has such a big and loving heart we knew it wouldn't take long for her to accept the fact that baby was in fact a boy.  The following morning she ran to my belly and exclaimed, "BABY BROTHER, I love you, Baby!" :)

This is a picture of a picture but it's all I have.  Baby's head is on the left.
This is a side view.  You can see his ear, shoulder, arm and hand.  His
sweet hand is by his face. Awwwww.

In other news: Blaine will finish his second week of Kindergarten today.  He seems to be really happy and goes off to his classroom with a smile on his face every morning which brings us great joy.  On Tuesday the teachers will assess all the children (no school that day) so they know where they are functioning and can place them in an appropriate learning group.  Prayers for Mister please as these one-on-one assessments are somewhat anxiety causing for him.  I'm confident that he has the skills to get a perfect score on the assessment and be placed in the best learning group for him but if he is not able to show what he can do, he will be in a group where he is not challenged at all.  Not challenged=Not good.

Hannah also started at a new preschool this week, Cross of Christ Preschool, and she loves it.  She will go three days a week for 2 hours and 45 minutes each day (weird time, I know.)  Here she is on her first day.  And yes, that is food in her teeth which I removed before she went into her class.


Have a great holiday weekend!

Baby name coming soon... The kids picked George, Clifford and Blaine (yes, Blaine thought we could handle two of him!) but we vetoed those.

1 comment: