Inside the cards she put a picture of her and her six children (my mom and her five siblings) for the kids' memory boxes. So sweet. Thanks Gram :)
I have been busy with the kids' busy schedules, baking (unsuccessfully at this high altitude), decorating and planning for the party we had last night. We hosted the Christmas party for our Flatirons Church small group which was an Ugly Sweater/Gingerbread Man decorating party. We had a lot of fun and I'll probably regret posting this picture but here are our sweaters.
Mine wasn't actually that bad... I mean, snowmen throwing snowballs is kind of cute... not my style, but cute. David on the other hand sported a festive (ladies) turtleneck and a festive (ladies) sweater vest. We looked awesome.
Everybody brought their best to the Gingerbread man decorationg contest.
| THE WINNER! |
| Adam n' Eve. This was David's idea, my creation. David also added that this was the "Senior Version" because of their wrinkles... |
Now that the party is over I feel like I can breath a little bit. I love hosting and preparing for a party but it takes a lot of work and it's always nice to host a lovely party and then know it was all worth it :) Christmas shopping has been done for several weeks now so I don't have that looming but I do have teacher and neighbor gifts to prepare which I'll work on this week. Blaine is also back in O.T. (back to a lot of driving) and I'm beginning to look at our Kinder options more closely now... 2013 is almost here and Blaine will be 5 in February! (me=freaking out)
It's not all about business though. The kids and I do something fun every day and last Friday we went to a great Festival at the Hammod Candy Factory. They had games, decorating and (of course) candy! We didn't do the factory tour because the line was long and since we live here I figured we can go anytime. We had a blast!
| Hannah's Gingerbread Man. The more candy, the better. |
| Blaine's Gingerbread Man. Very Nice! |
And in case you haven't met her, this is Hannah Grace... my 2 1/2 year old that is going on 10!!!!
| How pretty is she? So grown up... |
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment