If there is a long break in me writing you must know that lots of things are happening, weird things are happening, or I ran off to Hawaii to live forever. And since it is snowing... well, you know the latter is not true.
To catch you up, I'll resort to my favorite past time: List making!
1. Baking and Gift Giving Galore: The whole month of December was spent preparing for Christmas, family and presenting teachers, friends, and neighbors with homemade gifts. They turned out beautiful and everyone raved about how good everything tasted. If that doesn't get my kids moved up in the teacher's book, I don't know what would! :)
2. Grand Theft Auto (or something like that:) Remember when I wrote about my purse being stolen? Well it happened again. Yes, I said I was robbed... again. This time my car was actually broken into but I was at Hannah's school (instead of Blaine's) and my car was locked. My purse was on the passenger side next to a brown paper bag. I went in to drop Hannah off and 20 seconds later heard a car alarm, and when I went back outside this is what I saw:
Glass was/is everywhere. In the trunk, the vents, the kid's car seats, under the seats and shards of glass were in every crack and crevice in my truck. It's currently in the shop being cleaned. For the second time in a month, the thief got my purse, including wallet and my second iPhone. But this time they didn't throw my purse on the side of the road down the street. Everything was gone and only 4 days before Christmas. It was not a merry and bright day to say the least :(
3. Family: David's side of the family made the trek from Texas to be with us this Christmas so we had a full house and as it turns out a very white Christmas :) It started snowing on Christmas Eve and snowed through Christmas morning. The news said that Denver only has a white Christmas 13% of the time, so we were all very excited. Marie made wonderful food for us and we ate out for several meals but there was no shortage of calories last week :) Christmas Eve dinner, when we had Jesus' birthday party, was fondue and crab legs. Uncle Matt and Pops skied a few times and David got out to snowboard once while they were here. David has not had a vacation since starting at Trada last May so the time off for him has been wonderful to say the least.
| Dressed up for church |
| These are our children who refuse to look at the camera. Blonde1 and Blonde2! |
| Oh look, they have faces. |
| Many days of no nap = sleeping on the couch. |
| Christmas Eve dessert. |
| Perhaps the world's best carrot cake... Happy Birthday Jesus! |
| Before... |
| After. |
| Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus :) |
| So sweet. |
4. Snowboarding: As I write this Blaine is taking his first ski/snowboard lesson at Eldora with David. David has been texting me and says he is doing an amazing job! (More proof that he did not get my non-athletic gene.)
5. Much Needed Rest: I've taken all the Christmas decorations down today and after multiple errands which I hope to knock out tomorrow it will be time to rest and ponder what 2013 will bring for us. I feel totally wiped out from this year's activity (not to mention the MOVE we made this year), a very enjoyable but hectic December, two invasions of my privacy and theft of my things and just life in general (like everyone else I'm sure.) Hannah is a 13 year old in a 2 year old's body and Blaine is growing so fast now that my eyes fill with tears when I think about him entering Kindergarten in 2013. I tried to carry him somewhere on my hip the other day as a joke and my back practically broke! He's going to be so tall!
| An iPad for Christmas which is now permanently attached to Mister's hands. |
I hope this update finds you all well. Sending love and praying you have a happy and healthy new year...

No comments:
Post a Comment