I am behind on my blogging - I know it, you know it, everyone knows it! But regardless of the chaos that is our life right now I think a certain birthday is important enough to sit down and write about.
Miss Hannah Grace celebrated her 2nd birthday last week, June 7, 2012. If you ask her how old she is she frequently responds "2, 3, 4" which gets a chuckle out of everyone. We had a little birthday party for her in Michigan complete with cake, pinata, and presents but we also had a mini celebration last week with just Blaine and I, since David had to work, on her real birthday. (This was quite distrurbing to big brother because two birthday parties is "too much" for "baby sisters.") We made homemade pizza, opened presents from all of her grandparents, and finished the night off with ice cream.
The last two years have been amazing with our precious girl. She continues to provide us with hilarious comedic acts, endless smiles, sweet sayings and affection. She has a face for every emotion and thought and nearly everything that comes out of her mouth is adorable. She cares deeply for others and shows her concern by tilting her head a bit to the left and saying, "awwww." And then continues to ask about the boo-boo or situation for the rest of the day.
Hannah loves babies, swimming, playing with her brother, meat (yes, as in beef and bacon) and of course the men in her life. She is definitely a "Daddy's Girl!" (And a Papa's Girl and Pop's Girl and... you get the picture.)
We have a lot of fun together and she remains to be the easiest child to be around, entertain, play with and take places. I can shop, clean, run errands and really do anything with HG in tow. She is pretty much happy doing anything we're doing as long as she is doing something.
She is using 5-word phrases right now which is great because typically developing two year olds are using 2-3 word sentences. She is now eating one type of fruit: frozen blueberries. They must be totally frozen or she won't touch them and don't try to sneak fruit into anything else she's eating, she'll totally freak out on you. Vegetables are still a battle too. Sometimes she will eat broccoli but only if I play the I'm-gonna-eat-your-food-so-you-better-grab-the-fork-before-I-put-it-in-my-mouth game. Good times.
Here are her digits from her last appointment which was on her actual 2nd birthday.
Weight: 24 lbs 4 oz. - 19th percentile
Height: 33 inches - 29th percentile
Head Circ: 48.5 cm - 77th percentile
Some of our favorite memories from recent months:
- Hannah will pull her hand into her sleeve and ask, "Where my hand, Mama/Daddy?" Then when we say, "OMG! Where did Hannah's hand go?" She pushes her hand out and cracks up hysterically.
- Little Miss Planner (hmmm, where did she get that from?) When we start getting dressed in the morning she says, "Where we goin Mama?" I tell her and then she says, "And then where?" and this continues all day where after each errand , "Now where to Mama?"
- When David talks to her on the phone, she says, "Hi Daddy, what doin?" When he tells her she exclaims, "OH!" and then asks repeatedly, "What doin Daddy?"
I know there are so many others but it's late and mama needs her beauty sleep.
God bless you, sweet Hannah. We love you so much!
Too cute!! Glad I got to see her beautiful face quickly as well as that gorgeous curly haired boy! Hope everything is going well!!
ReplyDelete