Well, we only had room for two at night - Mimi and Pops - but we had plenty of room for a little get together last night. I attempted to prepare a meal for a slew of expert cooks. Years of experience crowded the kitchen as I (with some help) put together a roasted chicken and almond pasta dish. Nervous? Yes. Fortunately I got the thumbs up - so after almost nine years of being a part of this family I'm starting to achieve some level of "good." We were happy to host and fill some bellies last night.
And of course the kids love all the extra attention. Saturday morning Hannah got some alone time with her Nana and aunts and then during her nap Blaine got his alone time. When I picked HG up from "her time" he kept telling me to "go" so he could have his "own time." It was great for me to go to the Farmers Market with just one kiddo. Last night at the "party" HG went from lap to lap to lap demanding every one's full attention. Blaine took everyone outside and showed off his vegetables and fruits. Fun times.
| Hannah doing her classic"belly laugh" with Nana and Ray |
| After a nap last week, munching on a banana |
| My little Rocket Scientist... I mean, Painter |
| B thought if he painted this rocket, it would fly. Sadly, it did not. But the pound of glitter on it flew all over the house. |
Here we are approaching another week. It is chock-full of appointments and activities already. This week will also be Blaine's last week at Emerson Academy where he's been since February 1st. He'll be home with me for two weeks while we wait for his new program to start in mid-April. Hannah will continue to go to her Mother's Day Out (MDO) program until the end of May and then I don't know what I'll do. I'm still working 8-10 hours a week (it's what I do when Hannah goes to her MDO program two days a week) and would like to continue to do so if it works out. This Tuesday I am going to register her for a summer MDO program at another church so I hope she gets in. If not I don't have any childcare until next August when her current program starts up again. Yikes!
Have a great week!
P.S. A shout out to Daddy for getting 3rd place in his fishing tournament this weekend. His award is proudly displayed in Blaine's room. Good job, D!
No comments:
Post a Comment