David and I found this short conversation to be quite funny. Perhaps you had to be there but this is one of those things I just had to write down so we would remember it.
While D and B were out on a "boy's day" Sunday - fishing, hiking, etc. - Blaine managed to get really, really muddy. He was in hog heaven.
After about 7 hours outside they called us on David's i-phone (through) Skype to say hello. Blaine was so busy running around like a wild animal (a hog, if you will) that he barely stopped long enough to say hello to me and HG. David finally coerced him to look at us and for the split second that I saw him the only thing I noticed was something big and dark on his forehead. I thought it was blood at first so I gasped and said, "What is that on your face Blaine? What's wrong with your head?" In true Mister fashion, he ran off and so I asked David, "What was that on his head." He yelled after Blaine, "Blaine, Mama wants to know what's wrong with your face?" (At this point I realized that it was a blob of mud.)
Running away from us and yelling back, at the top of his lungs, at the same time he said, "My face always looks like this!" He said it so matter of fact that it just made us bust out laughing.
So funny. (You had to be there.)
On an unrelated note - a big shout out to my good friend Kari, who finished her first marathon this past weekend. If you want to read a story about perseverance, click here. I love running, marathons, and Kari, so I just had to share.



No comments:
Post a Comment