Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Hap-Hap-Happy Birthday

Today is David's 33rd birthday.

We have a slew of activities planned this weekend for his double-3 birthday but before we do a bunch of celebratin' I wanted to tell the world, well at least the 4 of you that read this blog, that this is a very important day in my life for the following reasons:

10.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: there would be no-one here to vacuum the lizards up that get in our house and scare the dickens out of me.

9.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: I would not laugh near as much as I do now.

8.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: I never would have went to Maui (hello, paradise) with the love of my life.

7.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: there would be an over-population of bass in and around Austin.  (And no-one wants that.)

6.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: I might definitely would have had more nervous breakdowns over the last seven years.  (Thank God for calm and centered partners!)

5.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: my life would not be as fun and exciting as it is now.

4.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: I wouldn't have someone as good looking and strong to love me and support me.

3.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: I would not have our dog, Tug.  (Though some days I swear owning that animal is more trouble than not!)

2.  I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: there would be no Blaine Miller Lyon nor would there be a Hannah Grace Lyon.

And the number one reason I'm grateful David was born...

1. I'm grateful David was born because if he wasn't: the dishes would NEVER get done!

Haha.  Just kidding.

The real #1 reason I'm grateful for this man's life is he's a man after God's own heart and I have the great privilege of walking with him.  Each year that God gives to David (and us) I discover more about his leadership, guidance, love and strength all built on a rock solid foundation of God's mercy and faithfulness.

Happy Birthday, Babe.  We love you and are so grateful for you... (and your lizard-eliminating abilities.)

Love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment