Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hannah is 13 and 14 Months old. (Imagine that!)

By the title of this post it should be apparent that I totally missed HG's 13th month post and since we're already here at 14 months, I thought I'd just go ahead and combine them.  (Sorry, HG - I'm too busy kissing your sweet face and chasing you around.)

Dear Hannah,

You are officially a toddler.  I hate to even write that since I have been trying to keep you a "baby" for as long as I can but just calling you "Baby" isn't doing the trick anymore.  My stall tactics don't seem to work against nature.  You've outgrown the baby phase and we've been blessed to watch you blossom into an active, funny, and sweet little girl.

You have a wonderful sense of humor.  I can already tell that you're going to be funny like your daddy.  You have a quick wit (for a 14 month old!), like to laugh, and more than anything you like to make other people laugh.  Tonight when your brother was asking us to smell his (nasty) feet, you pulled your own feet up to your face and sniffed and then smiled.  You like to scream and you especially like to do it in the grocery store so lots of people turn to look at you.  You like to cover your eyes when we say, "Where is Hannah?"  Then you take your hands away, open your arms wide and say, "There she is."  Though it actually sounds more like, "Air eeee iiiis."  This makes us laugh so you clap for yourself and do it all over again.

I'm not sure what you weigh right now but I think you've gained a bit of weight - eating a diet of pasta, bread, and waffles will do that to a girl!  Your favorite food is probably these little turkey sausages called Lil' Smokies - Daddy and I laugh when you beg for them in the morning and then eat them with your fork.  You rarely eat fruit, though you will eat some grapes if you're starving.  Veggies are in the same category as fruit as far as you're concerned.  Meat, potatoes and bread - that's where it's at for you.  And, I forgot to mention that you would much rather feed Tug your food than eat it yourself.

You have started to use sign language a lot more in the last few months.  You can sign the words bath, milk, more and eat.  You wave at anyone that will look your way and you love to play peek-a-boo.  You say mama, mommy, and dada but you only say mama when you want something.  "Dada" is reserved for the man himself, whom you talk about all day long.  If I get on the phone with anyone, you scream (protest, demand, point, insist) that I give you the phone so you can talk to "Dada."  You carry the remote control around, like it is your phone, and talk to dada on the phone.  Your gibberish makes total sense to you and "talk" all day long.  Some words we can recognize (besides mama and dada) are shoe, ball, and dog.

You are extremely loving and affectionate.  You like to snuggle and lay on us, especially in the mornings right after you wake up.  Your kisses are wet and numerous.  When we ask you to give us kisses you come in with a wide open mouth and then usually repeat this 2-4 more times.

Like I remember with Blaine, once you started walking there was no turning back.  You are everywhere and on everything now (fast!).  Unfortunately you like to crawl up on the brick fireplace which is much too high for you and your brother, dad and I spend way too much time telling you "no" and then getting you down from there.  I think you like the excitment and drama you create from being up that high and giving us all heart attacks.  Your ability to use a fork and spoon fascinates us and you refuse to eat unless you have the necessary utensils.  And you're so proud of yourself when you get something on the fork or spoon.  Too funny.

You have certainly brought a lot of joy into our lives - we are blessed by you, Boo-boo, and love you very much.

Hugs and Kisses,

Mama

This video is from Saturday when Hannah was recovering from her 12 hour vomitting episode.  She looks really sick, doesn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment