Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hannah's First 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Hannah's 1st birthday last night with our BFF's.  It was her first 1st birthday party because she is set to have a second 1st birthday party this coming Saturday here at our house.  The Pembertons will be out of town so we decided to have a private party for our sweet Hanny.

We met at Central Market pretty early, before the crowds came, which was a brilliant idea.  We had a table right next to the playscape so the kids could play and we could (sort of) eat in peace.  Blaine barely sat down because he was "protecting" us from the birds that kept swooping down to eat off our plates (literally!), playing on the playground, and running away from us down toward the pond (shocker, I know.)  He even managed to talk his friend Siri into running away once.  That little escapade didn't turn out so well for either of them. 

Besides that we had a wonderful time.  Blaine had a really positive and fun evening which translated into a great evening for all of us.  He ran and ran and ran and danced...  Check these videos out - this pretty much made our night (and everyone else that was watching):





Here are the pictures from our afternoon.  The first few are from earlier in the day when I took Blaine to a story time at Barnes and Noble.  They read a Curious George book (Blaine's favorite) and then Curious George actually came out to see the kids.  I was actually kind of surprised because Blaine was scared of him and when it was his turn to sit on his lap he wanted nothing to do with him.  He told me later that his "huge feet scared" him.  Too funny.

Happy Birthday, Hannah Grace!  We love you.

1 comment:

  1. These videos have to be the SWEETEST thing I have ever seen in my life! My precious little Norwegian grand-daughter Siri dancing with her best friend at Centra Market (I think) with her BEST friend Blaine -I notice Blaine is chasing her as she runs away - which is the way it should be! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete