Hannah and I woke up at 5:30 am to get to the surgery center by 6:30 am. She and Daddy happily played while I packed our bags and then off we went. Everyone in the waiting room smiled and laughed with Hanny as they and she awaited their surgery time. I was shocked that she wasn't a mess from being hungry since she hadn't had anything to eat since midnight.
Dr. Bryarly said everything went well but you wouldn't think that was the case when they brought her back to me. Angel Bug cried - screamed is more like it - for more than thirty minutes as she came out of the anesthesia, which is normal but not normal for our Hanny! She's never screamed like that nor has she ever cried for that long. She was totally inconsolable and even stopped in the middle of nursing to let out a loud wail. They finally discharged us around 8:30 and she's sleeping now.
We're grateful for your prayers and now hopefully she'll have fewer ear infections.
No comments:
Post a Comment