Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happenings

You should know by now that when you read these posts they are either about sickness, milestones or sickness.  And sometimes I write about cute things the kids do.  Those posts are my favorite.

Today (drum roll please) we're talking about... being sick.

Yes, that's right people.  Back to the doctor we go.  And can I just vent for a minute please?  Every time we call the doctor I have to confirm the same information: name, DOB, address, phone number, insurance and what I ate for dinner last night (ok, maybe it's not that bad).  But seriously, I am so tired of calling the doctor to make an appointment or talk to the nurse and I have to answer 50 questions.  I miss Blaine's old doctor, his small, quiet, private practice and not having to answer all those questions before I get to make a simple appointment.  Ok, I'm done.  In the end I am grateful that we have insurance.  Blah, blah, blah. (Seriously, I am grateful.)

There are 13 kids at Blaine's school that have the Flu (Type A) and we're basically just waiting for Blaine to get it.  He had a nasty virus last week and the week before (and so did Hannah) and finally last weekend he started feeling better.  Then on Sunday night I heard the dreaded "Mama, my ear hurts" from my sweet first-born.  I heard it again on Monday, Tuesday and finally today he told both his teachers and they told me.  Honestly I was hoping it would fix itself.  I think that this is like his 13th or so ear infection since birth.  Not cool.  And every time he gets an infection our doctor tells us that he's going to refer us to an ENT specialist for a consult to have tubes put in his ears but it never happens.  So, back to the doctor we go for yet another antibiotic, which I know is not good for his body.  And then tonight he was complaining of a stomach ache.  Could this be the beginning of the Flu?  I sure hope not - we've got big plans coming up.

Big plans?... Oh yes, birthday plans :)  Mister turns three in 13 days but we'll be celebrating early with our friends, the Pembertons.  Blaine insists that Siri be the only one at his "party" and he has it all planned out.  First (and this is all according to Blaine) we're going to a bounce house, and then we're eating cake (black cake with blue frosting) and then shrimp.  I was also instructed tonight that he and Siri need to have their own small cakes (I believe he's referring to cupcakes) with "lots of candles" and that he wants shrimp salad, to be exact.

I will be going to San Francisco next weekend for a girls weekend (the weekend before his birthday) so we decided to celebrate early.  I'm sure we'll do something the night of his actual birthday too, which is on a Tuesday. 

Blaine is excited to turn 3.  Mainly because he gets to graduate from the baby/toddler room at the YMCA daycare (where they go when this mama tries to work on her svelte figure at the gym) to the big kids gym.  The big kids gym is like a kids wonderland - there are ball pits, a maze, tunnels, tv's and... snacks.  What could be better?  And I might actually get a decent workout knowing that he is having fun on his own rather than worrying about how many times he has stepped on his sister's fingers in the baby daycare.  No joke, yesterday when I picked them up the sweet high school girls that watch them didn't know how to tell me that Blaine was hurting his own sister.  When I told them that this was normal behavior they didn't know what to say.  Frankly, I don't either.  Last week he threw toys at her head from across the room.  Yes, turning 3 will be good for everyone involved.

But it's not all bad.  Tonight Blaine was a very helpful big brother.  He fed Hannah, I took the video and Daddy cleaned up the mess.


So that's about it.  We are looking forward to Blaine's birthday celebration, I am very excited about my trip to San Francisco and Hannah is changing every day.  She just started making 'b' sounds - it's so cute.

And orange is a good color for her, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment