Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lighting a Candle for Aidan

This message popped up on Facebook last week via my friend Molly:
"On Sunday December 12th, at 7pm around the world, family and friends will light candles for one hour to honor and remember children that have died at any age from any cause. Please consider lighting a candle of your own for our little man, who will always remain a bright light in our lives. We love you Aidan!"
This was organized (worldwide) by The Compassionate Friends.  We lit our candle tonight and have been remembering Aidan (here is a link to photos of Aidan and his family.)
Molly, Jason and Aidan are on my mind each day.  Just several days ago I found myself sobbing again for my friend.  I haven't spoke to her directly, but I know the support of their family and friends and prayers from complete strangers (many of you who don't even know Molly and Jason) are providing some comfort to them. 
I found this poem tonight when I was thinking about Aidan.  My prayers and thoughts go out to his family tonight.
Psalm 71:20 (New Living Translation) 
You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment