Since the time of Aidan's departure to Heaven, I have thought about Molly, her husband Jason, and their family daily. I have prayed for them and to be honest, most days, I have cried with them. The loss of a child is something that I cannot conceive of. Not even one fiber of my being can comprehend the grief that they must be enduring, but as a mother, and more specifically the mother of a boy only a month older than Aidan, my empathy is overwhelming.
The girls and I are doing what we can to rally around our dear friend, support her and love her through this time. From my contact with Molly she is doing as well as one can expect. I am sure that the grief comes in waves, but with Aidan's little brother or sister growing carefully in Molly's womb, she is being careful to stay healthy. I know this woman and she's a fighter. She's not one to back down or let her grief get the best of her. She's smart and I trust that she's taking care of her mind, body and soul as she faces each day.
So many of you have prayed for this family and almost daily someone asks me "How's your friend?" And so, it is with Molly's permission that I am posting this photo montage on my blog. I know that this will help so many of you put a face with a prayer. Thank you for your support, love and prayers and join me in celebrating the life of a young man that has changed my life for the better, and I've never even met him. And to my dear friend, Molly - You are loved so much by so many and if I could hug you right now, I would. I am praying for your health, joyous memories of your son, and more peace with each new sunrise.
Aidan McCormick Shane
No comments:
Post a Comment