Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Angel Bug's 1/2 Birthday!
Hannah Grace is 6 months old today! Happy 1/2 Birthday Angel Bug!
We had her 6 month well check and everything is going well. Her reflux is under control but it seems that she does have a milk protein allergy so I'll continue on with a dairy free diet until we're done breastfeeding.
Weight: 15 pounds 12 ounces (49th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (25th percentile)
Head Circ.: 42 3/4 cm (60th percentile)
She has been denying the rice cereal for some time now... but sweet potatoes are another story (and the video is cut short because my oldest and most rambunctious child was throwing chicken across the kitchen and I needed to regulate him):
Hannah continues to be happy and content and the last three nights have brought 7 hours (in a row) of sleep. She's getting sleepy earlier and earlier each night. She's ready to crash around 7:45 pm and stays asleep until after 3:00 am. My friend Kim said she has gotten her little one to sleep longer by telling her (gently but firmly) that "Mama's the boss!" I took Kim's advice and it seems to be working... for now!
We are going to start feeding her more solids this month. We think that is kind of exciting. I got out all of my baby-food-making supplies and ordered more containers to keep the food I make in the freezer. I made all of Blaine's baby food when he was Hannah's age with the exception of a few things, so I am looking forward to doing it for HG as well. Being a mother of two now though I don't know how long I can keep up with that, but I am going to start out making it.
Hannah loves her brother. She is fascinated with his noises, actions (tantrums and all), and laughter. She watches him very closely and he can make her laugh (unintentionally) just being Blaine. He is a pretty funny little guy though.
Moving around doesn't seem to be a problem. She can actually push up on her knees and rock back and forth and she scoots all over the place. Well, it's more like scooting, rolling, scooting, rolling... but whatever gets her where she wants to go. Actually, she kind of moves like a caterpillar. A cute caterpillar...
HG continues to smile her way through life. She is an easy going and very relaxed baby girl.
She is looking forward to her first Christmas and come to think of it, so are we!
Love you baby girl :)
And for some fun, here is a link to Blaine's 6 month old post and a picture of Blaine at 6 months old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment