We had Blaine's 30-month well check today. I cannot believe that my baby boy is two and a half years old! Oh my goodness, where did the time go?
He was 36 1/2 inches tall - in the 75th percentile.
He weighed 31 pounds - in the 75th percentile.
His head circumference was 50 cm - also in the 75th percentile.
Basically, our kid is taller, heftier, and has a bigger melon than 75% of the population his age. He's consistent, what can I say?
We went over a variety of things with Dr. Howard. Surprisingly, I didn't cry at all today. (Not that I have been known to show any emotion in the pediatrician's office....) And both kids got shots! Guess this mama is gettin' hard.
Mister is on track in all areas. He's beyond his years in verbal communication (he can string together over 12 words together in a sentence and it makes sense) and gross motor skills (he's got his daddy's genes). And he's basically potty-trained (apparently accidents at this age are not really "accidents" - they are intentional and most-likely a behavioral issue).
A few of my favorite things that make me smile and laugh:
His "big smooches" and hugs
His athleticism amazes me.
His ability to rhyme (on his own): "Hany-Banany" and "Tugger-Mugger" are just a few.
All of the singing he does, especially when he's doing his own thing.
His love of books and reading.
The delight in his face and voice when he discovers something exciting and points it out to us.
"Juicy bugs" - why he calls certain bugs this, we don't know, but it's pretty funny.
When he calls me "Babe" (which is what David calls me) instead of Mama or when he calls David "David" instead of Daddy.
When he calls Hannah "Beautiful Baby" and then gives her a gentle hug while saying (in his "gentle voice" which is a high pitched whisper) "I give Hannah a gentle hug".
Humming when he eats something delicious (which he's done since 6 months old.)
His love for avocado, fruit, and (in general) healthy food.
His ability to think critically and make inferences.His beautiful blonde hair, long dark lashes and sweet boyish grin.
Listening to him talk on the phone.
A few of my not-so-favorite things:
Still not sleeping through the night (we're cracking the whip starting this week though). Update: The last two nights have been amazing. Apparently we just needed a whip!
Telling us to "BE QUIET" or "STOP TALKING MAMA/DADA" or "DON'T SAY IT!" when David and I are having a private conversation.
Throwing food at the table.
Taking shoes off in the car and throwing them at my head.
Taking seat belt off in car (shouldn't those things be more secure???!)
Asking everyone within earshot: "Are you pooping?" (Apparently talking about poop is the new black.)
Abusing the dog.
Shoving little girls that he cares for.
Mister, I love you. You bring joy and laughter and excitement to my life and being your mom is the best job I've ever had. I want and strive to be a better mother each day because of you and your sister. I am grateful that God put you in our care to raise and love.
Happy (2 1/2 years) Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment