Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back in Austin

We made it home last night, Saturday, after an uneventful flight home. Blaine was entertained with some new DVD's and Hannah slept. Both trips were a breeze, much to our surprise and delight!

We ended our vacation in South Lyon visiting with some family (the Hurley clan) and an old college friend. "Old" as in we've been friends for almost 13 years, not as in she is old... though I think we are approaching that! I worked with Erin at U of M and then we lived together for 2 years. I love this girl and she was as beautiful as ever! So glad we could catch up :)

We spent today cleaning the house, unpacking and getting ready to join the real world again. We had a wonderful vacation "up north" but we did miss our Tempur-Pedic bed. One thing we didn't miss was this HEAT. Ugh. It was 102 today! Brutal! Anyway... David got plenty of fishing in and the kids got lots of love from GG and Papa. My favorite part was being with my parents and brother and being able to spend some real quality time with both Blaine and Hannah. Even though I get to take Hannah to work with me, I don't really get to spend quality time with her and then I pick up Blaine and there is the rush of errands, dinner, bath, and bedtime. I really don't get to focus any of my attention solely on Blaine anymore either. I really, really loved being able to hang out with them, watch Blaine laugh and run and play to his heart's content and (literally) watch Hannah grow up before my eyes. She has developed so much in a week and a half it is crazy.

Thanks for making it extra special for us Mom and Dad. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment