Thursday, July 8, 2010

HG makes it through month one! Yay!

Hannah Grace has arrived at her 1-month birthday and for the most part unscathed. I mean, besides the book to the forehead incident she's been free and clear of all injury! All kidding aside we continue to be grateful for this little miracle and Blaine is being much more gentle and sweet these days. She is a wonderful baby and seems to be content with anything and everything (even her brother's temper tantrums) and is growing like a weed despite her nasty battle with acid reflux. She is still vomiting half of her meals up but we're hopeful that this new medicine (Prevacid) will combat the acid and allow her to enjoy this breast milk that I work so hard to produce! On Tuesday when I took both kids to the doctor she weighed 9 lbs 11 ounces (I think she carries about 8 pounds just in her cheeks) and Mister weighed 31.5 pounds (he'll be 2 1/2 at the end of the month). Both David and I got to enjoy her first non-gas-associated smile on Monday though she's refrained the rest of the week. I am blaming it on the acid reflux (poor darlin').



We had the pleasure of visiting with some out of town family this week. David's (Great) Aunt Betty, Uncle R.L., and cousin Amy and her daughter, Kristen were in town from Lubbock. They also had someone else very special with them - Ty - Blaine's 3rd cousin (someone in the family needs to correct me if I am wrong) is three years older than Blaine but was willing to put up with Mister's antics for a few days. The boys had a good time and I decided that what I need is an older boy in the house to help with Blaine. Maybe Robbie and Alan (Ty's parents) will let me borrow Ty for a few weeks... or months :) Doubt it!




No comments:

Post a Comment