Ok, so I'll be real here. I love my Mister. He brings great joy to my life and every day I tell him probably 20 times that I love him and then as he runs from my grasp I kiss his sweet little face or head.. but boy does he wear me out. Tack onto that the pregnancy factor for me and David's long hours and you've got some very weary parents.
Then, we catch a break... our little friend we call "virus" visits. Some crazy 24 hour bug latched on to Mister over the last few days and he was 'done like dinner'. And I do mean done. Poor guy was running (an almost) 105 degree temp and he couldn't even eat! (that's a BIG deal in our family) Please, do not misunderstand me, I hate when Blaine gets sick and it is very scary for me, but what a sweet and loving and cuddly boy he becomes! Plus, he actually wants me to cuddle with him. He actually wants me to lay down with him. He actually sits still for longer than 43 seconds. David and I even watched a movie at 6pm on a Monday night because Mister was sleeping on the couch (when he is normally running around like a wild man practically begging for time-outs).
"Mama, just hold me. Hold me please!" are really the words that melt my heart when B is not feeling well. I rarely, if ever, hear Blaine ask me for some lovin'. In fact, when he gets hurt or scared he only wants his dad, so I eat up any moments that he wants me to comfort him and hey, if he needs to be visited by a virus to force him into mama-lovin', then so be it!
In any case, he is back to his healthy and 100% normal self. He re-discovered the word no and got his appetite back, so we know we're back in business. But today he didn't even want to eat breakfast because he was so excited about going back to school. Yesterday afternoon, in fact, he asked me, "Mama, my fever is gone, can you take me to school now?" Oh, and this is another (unrelated) funny thing he said to his dad yesterday. Blaine was chasing Tug around the yard in circles when he stopped (all out of breath) and said, "Daddy, I just havin' a hard day." David looked at him and responded with a smile, "How's that?" Blaine's response, "I can't catch Tug!"
Gosh I love that little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment