Sunday, May 23, 2010

Still pregnant and feeling "Great"

We're so close people. I am 37 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. Sadly, I am still 1cm dilated. I had to go for an "emergency" appointment on Friday because I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid. The good news is that I was NOT leaking amniotic fluid and I was NOT leaking urine (good for me, huh?) but (is this TMI?) I was leaking... Fine though, just need to wear some serious pregnant-lady diapers now (just kidding).

We met with our doula, Jessica, today and had a lovely time. She asked us to re-tell my story (pregnancy through delivery) about Blaine and then we discussed how we envision Hannah's upcoming birth. We had a good hour and a half discussion and both David and I are thrilled to have Jessica in our corner for this one - we feel calm, collected and (I) feel much less anxious and scared. She is so knowledgeable and has already benefited me as I prepare for this birth.

Our family had a good weekend - I got to my yoga class, David and I worked on Hannah's room, and we spent some time at the pool! It's that time again - HOT. Blaine was thrilled and is still a great little swimmer.

Oh, speaking of "great"... this is something new Blaine is saying. It's funny but not funny when it's happening. Here is the deal: When he is doing something unacceptable (playing with food, throwing food, taking off underwear and throwing them in the air, etc...) he laughs and then looks at us and asks, "Is that funny and great? Huh? Is that funny and great? Funny and great! Funny and Great!" To boot he's got the cutest and most adorable smile on his face when he does it. Where did he learn that? Who knows... but I about wet my pants the first time I heard him say it (this, of course, encouraged him and he laughed more). Note to self: Do not laugh when you should be disciplining.

Recently I've been bumming because I never wrote his 2-year letter. I wrote him a letter every 3 months for 2 years which listed his milestones and cute little things I wanted to remember about him and then I totally slacked on the 2 year letter. At least I am blogging, so I got most of it. Poor Hannah will probably be lucky if she gets a birth story... I am certain I'll have NO free time with 2 kids, a 30-hour work week, house to clean and a sweet husband to love on (or take my frustrations out on :). Love you, babe!

Not much else to report. And no pictures to post (sorry Grannies).

No comments:

Post a Comment