Monday, April 26, 2010

GG is gone and so is the storm

GG visited us for a week and left yesterday. She took care of me, took care of Blaine, cleaned, baked, did more cleaning, organized, shopped for Blaine and basically did everything for a week. COME BACK GG! She'll be back when (as Blaine calls it) "Hannah comes over". But that is 6 weeks away! Do my bathrooms really need to be cleaned again before she gets here? I'll just start a new list for her... :) We had a good time (well, I did!). I worked and laid around and complained of being miserable and she did her mom/GG thing and I am very appreciative and grateful.

The storm, or valley of darkness (if you will) that I was in over the last several weeks seems to be drowning in beautiful light. Finally, starting on Friday of last week I feel somewhat normal again. After two major traumatic experiences (finding the boy's body and putting Kole to sleep) and a few minor ones, I finally felt like myself and was able to relax and find myself back in a sort of groove, but more present and aware of God's love. It's a welcome change from the pain and chaos of the previous weeks.

Physical discomfort is hanging around though. This pregnancy is giving me a run for my money and I can't believe that I am looking at another 6+ weeks of this! I have no energy and am just plain sick and tired most of the day. Saturday night I awoke with a sharp pain in my leg only to discover a painful varicose vein that is hot, rashy and protruding from my inner right calf. It hurts to walk and the area itself hurts. Ouch! I've never had varicose veins, but I am told they run in my family, so lucky me. Hannah is a mover. Unlike her brother who spent months just kicking me, she has been doing full body roll-over moves in the womb. Right to left to right, up and down and all around. Good Lord, Girl - what are you doing in there? Braxton Hicks contractions have been more regular recently, which is kind of exciting, though I know it's much too early to be having this baby. I am 34 weeks pregnant this week and weigh about 3.5 tons. To all those women out there that "love being pregnant" - pooey on you.

Oh, and our air conditioner needs to be replaced. Great timing, huh?

GG bought Mister rain gear which he needs for his new school.
(He starts at Hawthorne Montessori School on May 17th.)

GG and Mister organizing Hannah G's clothes.

GG and Mister taking a break from all of their hard work to enjoy a fruit bar.


We had the Pemberton family over for dinner one night and the two trouble makers were having a big ol' time on the recliner.

GG and Mister reading.

Mister being silly on the kitchen floor.

Just Mister.

No comments:

Post a Comment