Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fun in the Sun Day = One Tired Mister

Blaine only has about four weeks left at his Mother's Day Out program and today they celebrated their year with a "Fun in the Sun" day. There was a moon walk, tricycles galore, face painting, and lots of... well, fun in the sun! Apparently Blaine was pretty pooped because he told his teacher about 15 minutes before the end of their time outside: "Blaine go inside to classroom. I done." The kid that wants to live outdoors wanted to come inside - he must be getting sick!

When we got home I thought putting him down for his nap would be easy but he fought me for a good 20 minutes then finally crashed around 2:30. About 4:00 he woke up and said he had to go to the bathroom, so he went and then we put his big-boy undies back on. He started crying and getting all hysterical on me, asking for Daddy and my terrible bribes like "park", "fruit snacks" and "pool" did nothing for him so I sat in the recliner and started rocking telling him he needed to calm down. Apparently he was still tired, because by 4:15 he was out like a light! He passed out on top of me - his belly against Hannah and me in a very uncomfortable position. Though I was experiencing some discomfort I rocked my sweet boy and smelled his sweet little head and kissed him to my hearts content. I cherished that time today - holding him there in the recliner as he slept because I know that he is going to grow up so fast. After about an hour my discomfort outweighed the nostalgia and I just had to escape - plus Hannah was kicking her brother, telling him to 'get off her!'. I gently moved him to the side and was able to scoot out of the recliner. He slept another two hours in that recliner...




And finally we woke him up and he was a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment