Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Fun

Happy Labor Day! I just looove long weekends. Actually, I had to work today but it still felt like a long weekend since my boys got to play together for three days. They had all sorts of fun today without me. When I got home from work David and Blaine had the most wonderful surprise waiting for me: a spotless house! They vaccumed and scrubed and dusted and did those odd jobs than no-one wants to do (re-caulk the tub). I was ecstatic, to say the least. Thanks babe, I really appreciate you doing all of that "labor" :)

We spent the weekend getting some exercise, playing at the pool (Blaine jumps in from the side of the pool over and over and over and ov... it's pretty funny),

and Saturday night we had a delicious dinner at the Pemberton's house. Steak, ribs, salad, corn on the cob.... Mmm, Mmm Good! (Thanks Elliot and Kari.) Siri let Blaine play with all of her toys while we (the parents) observed the striking difference between the two. Blaine is definitely a boy and Siri is definitely a girl. Blaine throws dolls across the room and Siri lovingly hugs them. Blaine swings a golf club like he's smashing out a windshield and Siri gently swings the club to softly hit the ball. Blaine carries the football between his teeth and wait... Siri does that too ;)
Siri is on her way to being fully potty-trained. She has a few accidents here and there but overall, this girl has got it! (You go girl!) Here she is checking out Blaine's diaper - remembering the "old days".
One of the highlights of our evening was the wonderful music that Blaine and Siri made together. Here they are jammin'.

We hope you all had a relaxing three day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment