

We eventually had to move our activities indoors. It's amazing how a bowl, some water, 10 ice cubes, dry noodles and grapes can occupy a toddler's attention for an hour. Science class Mama Lyon style: (I think they teach you not to eat your experiments in science lab but Blaine and I haven't reached that portion of class yet.)



I also have a funny story about putting Blaine in time-out. We've been putting Blaine in time-out for about 2 months. We tell him no once, no twice with a time-out warning, and third strike he's in time-out. I wonder when time-outs lose their effectiveness because Blaine had over 15 time-outs yesterday (but only 5 today.) Hmmm? The four reasons Blaine has been going to time-out lately: hitting me in the face (and then trying to kiss me), jumping on the glass coffee table, turning the TV on and off repeatedly (thus wearing out the $175 bulb) and opening and closing the refrigerator door. Today he really caught on to the time-out deal because he was putting himself in time-out. Here is how it usually goes down:
Blaine opens fridge for the third time.
Mama takes Blaine to time out and tells him why he's in time-out.
Blaine: Sitting nicely in time out says, "No, no, Mama. No, no."
Mama: "That's right, you did a no-no opening the fridge door when Mama said No. You are going to sit here in time out for 10 seconds."
Blaine: "Sit. No-no. All Done."
Mama: "Time-out is done now, you do not open the fridge, that's a no-no."
After the time-out I always hug Blaine (which is why I think he really likes time-out).
So today I was sitting in the living room and I heard, "No, no. Sit" and I saw Blaine run from the kitchen to his time-out spot where he promptly sat down. I looked in the kitchen and saw that the fridge door was wide open. Nice. My kid can put himself in time-out.
Funny, huh?
I'm working on the whole timeout thing with little to no success. It takes Peanut about 30 seconds to realize he's in trouble, which doesn't leave much time for the actual punishment.
ReplyDelete