Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jenna visits Austin

This is a head shot Blaine will be sending to some modeling agencies. He is really working it here, isn't he?

This is either a "Mom, I am about to slap you with both hands" face or a "I get to eat again" face.

Blaine's new tunnel from IKEA has been a big hit.

Cousin Jenna ("Jenjen" as Blaine calls her) going nigh-night with Blaine.

My 19-year old cousin has been visiting from Michigan since Saturday. She left today and she had one thing to say about her end-of-July-middle-of-a-drought visit to Austin: HOT! Besides the scorching heat I think she had a good time. Saturday was spent at the spa getting a pedicure, splitting sweet and sour chicken at a local Chinese restaurant for dinner and we ended the night with a movie (Changeling). Sunday we went to Church (and random note: the guest preacher on Sunday was visiting from Detroit, which is the same area my cousin is from - he was on her flight on Saturday!) and then we hit IKEA and the Round Rock outlet mall. Jenjen spent all her money on school clothes (she will be a freshman at Central Michigan University this fall) and managed to spend some more money at Coach... Oh, but those shoes were for school too :). I got away with an Auntie Annie's pretzel (Mmmmmmm) and a blue tunnel for Blaine from IKEA. Monday we got to enjoy the sprinkler park downtown and then the pool. We managed to go swimming one more time this morning before she had to go home. Blaine loved having Jenjen here. She was a huge help to me, taking over when Blaine's meltdowns were about to push me over the edge and she happily let Blaine lead her all over the house, pulling her hand with his little hand to the playroom, then the fridge, back to the playroom and back to the fridge. (Did I mention that he is eating like every 15 minutes now... ALL day long. Ask Jenjen - it's true!)
Thank you for your help Jenna and I hope you had a good time. You are a beautiful young lady and I love you bunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment