Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hives and the Fair

Our Mister had a rough week.  The day after we got back from vacation he asked us to itch his back, which he never asks us to do, and then within hours he was itching everywhere and was covered from chin to toe with (as the doctor said) "a classic case of hives."  It took two days of Benedryl and lots of calamine lotion to relieve his sweet little body.


Typically Benedryl makes Mister super hyper but on this occasion it did this:


Partially I think this was from how terrible he felt all day but the medicine helped.  Also, this was at 7:00 pm. UNHEARD of for our Mister.

After the hives episode he got a tummy ache for two days which the doctor thought might happen if the hives were caused by a virus.  The last few days Mister seems to be on the mend so we're all happy about that.

A highlight of Mister's week was being able to harvest some of the vegetables he grew this year.  We can't have a garden just yet so we planted in large pots but were still successful in growing carrots and peas.  He was so delighted that we used his carrots in dinner last night.


On Saturday we ventured out to the Boulder County Fair.  Three hours at the fair took a lot out of this mama but the kids could have spent the whole day (and our whole savings) there!  The highlight for HG was riding a pony and Blaine spent 45 minutes in the butterfly house feeding the butterflies.


Catching trout at the fair.
I'm still suffering... I mean dealing with pregnancy issues :).  Someone at church finally noticed I was pregnant which I was glad about because I was in the weird, "Is she fat or is she pregnant?" stage forever.  We will find out the baby's sex in three weeks and will be sure to reveal that when we know :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment