Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sweet Home, Colorado

We made it from Iowa to Michigan and back to Iowa and we're finally here in Colorado!  We arrived home on Saturday night after twenty hours in the car.  After arriving in Michigan late the previous Saturday night I vowed to never get in the car again!  The last three hours of both traveling days (since it took two ten hour days to get there) were awful (for me.)  The kids actually did really great - I mean they were total superstars.  But as we were rolling into my hometown I was on the verge of tears and I think I had serious motion sickness.  I was just ready to be done.

After several days of relaxing and being relieved of many duties I started feeling better about the long drive back.  Then by Thursday (the day before our departure) I was ready to tackle the road and I put my game face on.  I learned my lessons on the way to Michigan (i.e. how to keep everything that was battery powered up and running for 10 hours) and I felt like a well oiled driving machine headed back :)

Our trip was really wonderful.  We were busy from sunrise to well-beyond sunset every night and we all slept like rocks at night from the fun we had.  Tug and Tess (my dad's dog) enjoyed each other's company and I even had a night out with one of my best friend's, Abbie, whom I've known for over 25 years.  We never have enough time to get through everything but I sure cherished our evening together.

Here is a recap in pictures from our trip.

On Sunday we visited Chippewa Nature Center where they
make real Michigan Maple Syrup.  Mmmm.


Also on Sunday we went to my cousin Jeremy's
daughter's 1st birthday party.  This is Linden and HG.

Having fun with silly Papa at the party.

Blaine and HG helping to open Linden's presents.

Linden :)

HG's favorite part of the party: cupcakes!

Cousins and our kids.

The indoor waterpark near my parent's house was a
highlight for everyone.  HG went down this slide
probably 50 times.


Mister walking on water, sort of.

I don't have any pictures of this, but Blaine actually rode the
body board on this wave ride.  I wouldn't have done it, so I was
really proud of him for trying and he did great!

Sleeping like a rock.

My dad put Blaine to work on Tuesday.  He pruned trees, gathered
brush, and did more yard work than he's ever done.  Mister is such a
good worker.

Building a fire.

Papa and Mister enjoying their fire.

And she's sleeping like a rock.  Again.

"My pretty, pretty princess dress."
 \
Dancing.

Rock.

Running through Dow Gardens.  We were on our way to the
Butterfly House.


Contemplating why she can't find one pink butterfly.


The "Grossology" exhibit was in Midland while we were there.
All things 'gross' were explained and displayed.

A giant "Operation" type game.



Hannah and a huge nose.

Shoot the "dust" into the nostrils and after a while there is a
big sneeze!  Gross!

Burping... explained.

Blaine coming out of the...

HG playing with a cousin of mine, Nolan, whom
she named "Poopy face pants" or something like that.

Discussing the Michigan game at the hotel in Iowa.
HG is impressed with the 3-pointers MI was making.
GO BLUE!

And finally, we are home for Easter!
Our homecoming was lovely.  Daddy welcomed us and we all collapsed into his arms.  Then I collapsed on the couch and vowed to... you guessed it... never drive again!

No comments:

Post a Comment