Friday, March 22, 2013

A Little Bit of Crazy In Iowa

By the grace of God we have made it - to Iowa, that is.  Des Moines to be more specific.  The kids and I (plus Tug) are on our way to Michigan (yes, driving) and it wasn't until about three hours into the trip that I realized there wasn't any turning back and I wondered in the back of my mind if I had made a huge mistake in taking on this monster of a trip and not because anything bad happened but because at three hours I realized that I had another six hours to drive, just today, and I wanted to vomit.

The good news is that it was a great trip to our halfway point!  I literally built a wall, with suitcases and pillows, between the feuding duo in the backseat which made the drive lovely.  Nearly every electronic, sticker book, and snack known to man was at their (the feuding duo's) disposal and after nine and a half hours of driving it turns out that we only had to stop twice!  I consider today's drive a victory.  Mainly because I only had to yell once (ok, maybe twice.)

We will spend the week in Michigan doing all kinds of fun things.  Well, the kids will be doing fun things and I'll hopefully be sleeping in and lying on the couch most of the day.  (Shhhh, don't tell me family I am using them for a break!)

With another long day ahead of us tomorrow I suppose I should get some shut eye.  I asked Tug if he could drive the second leg of our trip but he just stared at me.  Guess that's a 'no!'



1 comment:

  1. I seriously have been thinking about you and checking your blog to see if you would make it! At least you're halfway!! Hopefully the second half goes as smoothly as the first. And I can't believe in your few hours of down time you even had the energy to write on your blog! Have fun in Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete