Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family Fun

I am tired just thinking about writing about our week!  My mom, dad, brother and grandma have been here since Wednesday and we've been super busy.

The crew arrived and we went straight to Boulder for lunch, shopping at Pearl Street Mall and finally grocery shopping at my dad's favorite grocery store: Whole Foods.  After a yummy venison dinner (mmmm!  Thanks Dad :) we were all exhausted and called it a night.  I was looking forward to a break and the kids were so happy to see their GG and Papa and Uncle Matt.






 




Thursday was as laid back as it got.  I had Blaine's parent-teacher conference where they went over the tremendous improvements he has made over the last five months and how he is more than ready for Kindergarten.  The morning of his conference he asked me where I had to go and I told him about the conference.  He replied, "Oh, Mama... I am such a good boy now!" :)

After the conference we went swimming at our rec center and the best part (besides the kids having a blast) was I didn't have to swim!  I love swimming with the kids but it is so much work and I've been on kid-overload lately so the little break was nice.  I sat and sat and sat and... sat!  And it was great.  Blaine took Papa to see Wreck It Ralph at the theater in the afternoon (this is the third time Blaine has seen it) and then we relaxed and played silly "Minute to Win It" games after dinner.  (My father will hopefully forgive me for showing this picture :)  The kids know Papa as someone who is always playing, joking, and having fun with them.  This picture will not surprise them when they're older!

The object is to get a cookie from your forehead
to your mouth without touching it.  So funny!

Friday was a special day - my brother's 31st birthday!  It was a jam packed day from the minute we got up to the minute we went to bed, but a lot of fun.  We started out at Hammond Candy Factory, stopping at the Nature and Science Museum next, and then on to one of the weirdest restaurants ever - Casa Bonita.  The entertainment at Casa Bonita brings in the crowds (especially in the summer when people wait 5+ hours to get in!) There are cliff divers, pirate fights, and a roaming gorilla!


Great Grandma Crower and Mister admiring the gemstones
at the Museum.
Our tables were right next to the waterfall where the
divers do their thing.



The birthday boy opening his cards.



Carrot cake for Matt's birthday dinner.  (Yes, I am very proud
of my carrot cake making :)

 Saturday was another special day (lots of specialness going on around here lately.)  My cousin Peyton was baptized followed by a celebratory luncheon.

Uncle Steve and "Aunt" Sarah with cousin Peyton.
(I find it hard to call my friend, Sarah, my Aunt... though
she did marry my Uncle so technically... :)


Family photo op at the baptism.

And this is BIG.  I mean B. I G.!  Hannah Grace let my mom braid her hair!  Shocking, I know :)





And finally... we had an early birthday celebration for Blaine.  A couple hours at Boondocks followed by pizza at Beau Jo's, a scary (well, I think so) Jeep ride in the mountains, and then home for ice cream sundaes.

Posing for the camera.  



 
My family left early on Monday morning and we jumped right into another busy week.  Blaine went to school and then had his first drum lesson.  He switched over from piano because he thinks he'll like it better.  I don't know - Blaine doesn't really like to hit things... :)  His teacher said he liked exploring the different drums and it was a good first lesson.  I was a bit disappointed that he didn't want to practice piano anymore because his teacher said he was catching on really quickly and he really "got it."  Maybe he'll pick it up at another time.  HG said she wants to take swim lessons and do gymnastics so I am on the hunt for those now.

My Mister turns 5 next week.  More on that later!  Right now I need to go figure out where the time has gone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment