Sunday, January 27, 2013

Laying Low

I have been living in my pajamas for a couple days now.  Well except for last night when I went out for girl's night (and I actually wore makeup people!  It was a big deal.)

Anyway, back to my p.j.'s.  The kids have been sick this weekend and sick kids mean that parents get to wear their pajamas all weekend (I read that somewhere!)  We are always on the go - all week we have plans and we're here and there and everywhere and then on the weekends we're constantly busy and going.  What a wonderful but very exhausting life!  There is never a time around here when we just lay around so given that no-one got seriously ill this weekend, I was grateful for the down time.

Blaine had a cough all last week and then finally on Friday he looked pretty sick and he just wasn't himself.  Since "The Flu" is at epidemic levels and several people around us have had the dreaded bug, I thought we were surely in for some E.R. time this weekend.  (Why is it that children get sick at 5:00 pm on Fridays when the pediatrician's office closes for the weekend?  Seriously.)  The cough turned into some kind of nasty beast of its own and then the fever came, but it never went over 100.5 so (knock on wood) I think we will bypass E.R. services this weekend.

Hannah has a mini-version of what Blaine has so in addition to her bossing us around (which is normal) she is now bossing us around with snot all over her face.  Lovely. I can't believe so much stuff can come out of someone so little!  And I'm not exaggerating - we have went through two entire boxes of Kleenex this weekend.

Not a very exciting post, but reality around these parts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment