Blaine has been doing AWESOME at school! He is participating more and helping other children when they don't know what to do. In fact this last week was flawless. He received a stamp for participation during every part of his morning and he received a stamp for keeping his body safe during every part of the morning. Perfect. We are so proud of him and his progress.
Then on Friday the teachers administered some mid-year test to all the kids to see how they're progressing and to see how Kindergarten-ready the older kids are (kids in this class range from 3-5 years old.) Blaine initially refused but then after the teachers told him that this test would help them determine how well he was reading and when he could start reading books, he said "fine, I'll do the test."
One of his teachers, Ms. Christie, administered Blaine's test and then relayed the following conversation to me which happened right after he finished and she scored it (which he insisted waiting for.)
B: How many did I get wrong?
C: Only one question!
B: Does that make me the smartest kid in the class?
C: (refraining from laughter) Well... you are very smart. You did a good job.
B: So am I?
When she was telling me this story she said, "I didn't want to tell him 'Yes' - but he is!" She went on to tell me that there is one other boy in the class whom is at the same level as Blaine (which I was glad to hear) and he is clearly ready for Kinder.
Yay! Go Mister :)
No comments:
Post a Comment