Sunday, November 11, 2012

43 Days

There are only 43 days until Christmas.  I'm so excited!  If you want a very accurate countdown clock, click here :)

My mom helped me get all of our Christmas decorations out of the basement before she left and I've been able to go through most of the boxes to see what I have.  We have a bigger house this year so I am looking forward to decorating and I have some new ideas (thank you Pinterest!)  The kids and I are doing some fun projects to get ready for Christmas too.  For example we're making our own wrapping paper this year.  I bought festive stamps and paint and we're going to go to town on some rolls of paper I got at Michaels.  Fun times.

We will celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas here this year with no visitors for Turkey Day but welcoming a house full for Christmas.  Our Texas family will be visiting and hopefully Mother Nature will produce a white Christmas for us.  I have a lot of baking and cooking and planning to do in the next month but I enjoy every minute of it so it's an exciting time.  We're also hosting an "Ugly Sweater/Gingerperson Decorating/Christmas" party here at the house for our small group from church.  (Never heard of an "Ugly Sweater" party?  Think tacky, ugly Christmas sweaters from Goodwill... The uglier, the better.)   

And I only have a few more gifts to buy and then I'm done shopping - oh yeah!  All the more time to bake and cook and Pinterest!

Here is what we've had going on in our day to day lives:

It snowed again... Tug (sorta) loved it.  Blaine (really) loved it.

 
Mister's "Octopus in the water" creation
If my children ever had a mugshot, this would be it.


My little cubs at one of our favorite places: The Denver Zoo.


At Hannah's conference last week she was quoted by her teachers
as being Angelic... until around lunchtime :)

From our angelic house to yours... Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment