Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Guest Post... Sort of

Since I haven't had my computer out in a week I haven't put anything here but our BFF posted something that is definitely worth reading.  Click here to read one of the greatest posts I've ever read. 

Leaving Austin was so hard.  We spent our last night with the Pembertons which was just perfect.  They made us another wonderful dinner and we did the usual - there was lots of laughing and listening to our kids play for hours.  I was fine until minutes before we were about to leave on Monday morning.  I had hugged Siri once and then when I went to hug her again I totally lost it.  Siri was Blaine's first, and really only, friend.  He loved her from the day he met her at the Wells Branch pool in the summer of 2009.  And even through all of Blaine's challenges she stuck by him and loved our sweet boy.  Blaine has told us multiple times that he never wants to go to school in Colorado because Siri won't be there and there won't be anyone like her.  We've told him that he can make new friends but he just can't conceive of that right now.  I am sure their hearts and souls are connected forever now.

I know that good times are ahead and I cherish these last several years with our friends but I'm still sad.  I love you guys - we already miss you.

 Here are a few of my pictures, in addition to the one's Kari posted.

This was taken at Waterloo Ice House.  Our first "Family Date" when the kids were just 18-19 months old.

This was taken in February of 2012 at Blaine's 4th birthday party.  On his guest list: Siri and William Pemberton.



No comments:

Post a Comment