Friday, April 13, 2012

Firsts

Today was a beautiful day - and it was full of firsts.

Today was the first day in 14 days that I had four amazing hours to myself to run errands without children!  I was literally giddy this morning just thinking about it and then it happened and I was even more happy.  :)  It doesn't take much to please me anymore.

You see, today was the first day of Blaine's new therapy program which we're calling "school" for his sake.  For the last two weeks Blaine has been home with me while he's been in between programs.  Hannah just happened to have a bonus day at her Mother's Day out today so both kids had someplace to be and my to-do list, sans children, overflowed. 

Blaine was really excited to go to school today and ended up having a wonderful first day. (Yay!) One of the kids in the program even had a birthday today and Blaine got to participate.  The child's mom brought in Jell-O for the kids to play with (and eat) and balloons.  Mister cut out a few shapes with the cookie cutters then decided that smushing the Jell-O with his hands over and over and over again would be the most fun.



Gross, but so fun.
Hannah enjoyed her day with "Ginga" (Ms. Ginger) as she always does.  I can barely get the girl to give me a smooch when I drop her off because she is so obsessed with her class and friends. 

I got so much done this morning while I was kid-less - it felt so good.  I think I got to cross six things off my list!  And then Blaine helped me do a few more things when we got home from school.  He's a helpful one when he wants to be :)

And now, my two favorite quotes of the day:

Mama: (Working on some important documents on computer.)
Blaine: Mama, when are you gonna be done so you can play with me?
M: Hunni, I just need to finish this for Daddy.  It's really important and I have to do it now.
B: It's not as important as Jesus.
M: Amen.

And from Little Missy:

HG has been spending more time on time-out than I expected her to and the little goober knows when she's making a bad choice.  She has learned (from someone) that charm might work.
Mama: Hannah Grace, you are in time-out because you called Mama "stupid."
HG: (Smiling, she strokes my hair and says:) Cute hair Mama.
Mama: Hannah, did you hear me?  Saying that word is mean and hurtful.  Do not say "stupid."
HG: (Ignoring everything I've said... and now pointing at my shirt) Mama, cute shirt!

Wow.  How do you punish someone that is complimenting you?  LOL.

We are off to the beach in one week.  Lots to do before then... I better go make a new to-do list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment