Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Pee-Pee

Hannah is not napping right now.  Instead she is jumping with D. and Mister on the trampoline.  She took a short nap in the car on the way home from errands after church and I guess she thinks that is all she needs, even though she has a full-on Hannitude today and could use the nap.

After lunch we put her in her crib with her favorite ba-ba (paci) and ba-beak (blanket.)  We knew she wasn't happy because she screamed our names (and not in a crying sort of way, but a "you better get back in here before I..." way) for close to thirty minutes.  Then I heard it: "MAMA - I PEEEE-PEEEEE!" 

I was pretty much sure I knew what had happened so I didn't delay.  And of course when I walked in there she was pointing at the puddle in the middle of her crib, saying "Pee-pee, Mama" with a smile and laugh that makes you want to laugh with her.  Not only had she peed on her crib sheet but also on her beloved ba-beak and two of her babies.  But don't worry, her ba-ba was safe in her mouth.  God forbid the ba-ba be harmed!

But like any good stern mother who knows she is on the brink of losing precious nap time, I acted quickly without a smile on my face.  We went to the bathroom but she didn't have to go (of course not) and then I changed her sheets, brought out the secret, emergency-back-up ba-beak and put her to bed with a new pull-up and extra tight pants.

I shut the door and went straight for the couch.  But I wasn't there long.  After several minutes of silence I was sure we were in the clear and she was off to la-la land.  I am such a fool.  "MAMA - I PEEEE-PEEEEE!"  Apparently it took her longer to get those tight pants off.  And there she was once again with her clothes off, pull-up off, and pee in the middle of the crib.  I honestly don't know where all of the pee came from since she's had little to drink today and barely ate lunch.

In the end I guess she got what she wanted even though I really think she just thought the whole thing was fun.  Since I had no crib sheets left or ba-beaks, girlfriend is out of nap-luck.  Or rather, I'm out of nap-luck!





1 comment:

  1. Do Hannah and William communicate by ESP or are they just whispering about these things in the corner when we're not looking?

    ReplyDelete