Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year and Home

I know I'm late but "Happy New Year!" from our home to yours.  We just got back from our trip to Michigan after a pretty uneventful (but always challenging) day of travel.  We spent New Years Eve at my parents house where we dined on some yummy fondue.  My favorite was the venison and salmon.  Blaine enjoyed cooking his own food and Hannah at whatever we put on her tray but her favorite was the shrimp.  Oh, and perhaps you're wondering why our children never have clothes on?  Undergarments were their vacation-wear for sure and pajamas were mine and David's.








This is my cousin Mitchell who Hanny attached herself to.


A lollipop bigger than Blaine's head.

Why Blaine sat on the counter to watch his movies, we don't
know.  Another thing about being on vacation - you can watch
movies wherever you like... in your undies!

Oh good - he's actually got shorts on.

Mister bowled a couple times.  He's really good.



Snow!

This is Hanny's great-grandmother.  My mom's mom.


"Seriously?  You think I believe that?"


Here HG is trying on clothes that I wore when I was her age. 
My mom saved half a dozen dresses of mine and the outfit
I came home from the hospital in.  That is what HG is holding.


mini-me
Back to reality tomorrow.  David actually has to work but the kids don't have school so I am not going back until Monday.  We had a great time on our vacation.  Thanks to my parents and brother for hosting us, letting us take over the couches and remote, doing our laundry, and spoiling us with great meals.  David and I enjoyed two date nights while we were up there so that was special.

As far as resolutions go I just want to live for God one day at a time.  I accomplished nearly 80% of my 2011 resolutions/goals and this year rather than make a list I'm just going to keep it simple.  We have so much on our plates right now that I kind of just want to make it through these hard times and find out what God has in store for us.  At this point, when I look at the daunting list in front of me I can't possibly make any resolutions.  Of course there are a lot of things I want to do this year but I'm going to focus on the important things.  For instance:

- Blaine and Hannah will need a new day-care situation beginning March 1st.  We have two months to find a nanny/school/something for both kids or I'll be staying at home on a permanent basis.  And ultimately, helping Blaine find a place to belong and a program that will help him is a top priority.

- Keith, my beloved boss and our mentor, will face the end of his life in the next month to two months.  Having to figure out our day-care situation while I am attempting to take care of important matters at my job is not exactly ideal.

- Possible (drastic) job changes this year.

- Blaine turns 4 and Hannah turns 2 (wow).

- Taking care of my health and staying healthy.

Oh, I could probably go on but these are the big ones.  Like every year I think this will be a 'big' one. 

Happy New Year Y'all :)

Jessica and the Crew


1 comment:

  1. Yeah you're home! William keeps asking about Bain and Annah every day :-) We missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete