I had to call the doctor numerous times yesterday but it was worth it. HG's doctor said it wouldn't be a problem to put her on acid reflux medicine since this would likely solve one of our two problems. D picked up the golden ticket (Prevacid) last night and after just one dose our angel was able to sleep through the night. She coughed a lot, but nothing came up with it (thank you, modern medicine.) Unfortunately I was still up a lot worrying because I didn't hear her vomiting, (weird, I know) but after one night we all felt rested this morning.
No word yet on her biopsy results. I think I'll call tomorrow and harass them... I mean, check in.
Blaine Lyon, M.D., has his own thoughts about his sister's illness. Apparently this is how it went down:
B: Mama, I know why Sister is having diarrhea.
M: You do? Why?
B: She was outside in the back yard with Daddy and I last week and I wasn't watching her and neither was Daddy and she ate some of that bad grass.
M: (Thinking to myself - It's bad when your three year old describes your dead and poorly maintained back yard as "bad grass.")
M: Wow. Really? Why weren't you watching her?
B: We were both really busy.
So there you have it. Mystery solved. Dr. Lyon also believes that GG's sick stomach was from bad coffee that D bought her from McDonald's.
Hoping tonight is filled with more uninterrupted sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment