Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just Ordinary

I sit here stumped about what to write about.  We have a busy week ahead so I've been busy preparing for that this afternoon.  Plus I was up half the night last night worried sick about David who is now sleeping soundly next to me but 24 hours ago (Saturday 7:00pm through Sunday 8:00am) he was in a kayak on a lake in the dark having a really good time fishing in an evening tournament (which he placed 4th in.) I called him at 4:30 am when I got up to use the restroom and then after not hearing from him for over 4 hours I was practically picking out his casket.  And we wonder why Blaine always thinks the worst of things!  He surely didn't get that from me.  Perhaps I over-react? Hmmmm :)  He was getting some shut-eye in his boat and then was busy catching more hog-bass (as Blaine calls them) when I called.  Glad he's home safe and sound.

I spent the better part of the weekend moving furniture around and finally have the front room/play room the way we want it.  We also got a new dining set (goodbye folding chairs!) and Blaine's new full-size mattress came in.  Unfortunately his new bed frame and dresser are not due to arrive for another month so his bed is on the ground but he could really care less.  He said he loves rolling around on it and figured out that he can also sleep sideways, which is a bonus in his mind.

Tomorrow brings an O.T. (Occupational Therapy) evaluation which we hope will help us put some more of the pieces of the puzzle together regarding some of Blaine's behaviors.  He will likely have standing appointments with the O.T. after this evaluation for a while.  We also have a G.I. (gasteroenterology) appointment on Tuesday to figure out what's going on with his poor irritable belly.  Then of course gymnastics (which he informed us he doesn't "like anymore") and our last swim class of the season at Emler.  His swimming skills have improved so much this past summer - he is now able to swim over 15 feet by himself and he can swim underwater for 10 seconds without coming up for air.  His "big arms" (what they teach him at swim class) are just now getting more consistent and in sync with his kicking feet.  For a long time he was kicking and not doing big arms or he was doing his big arms and not kicking.  He can back float like a pro though.  (Better than his Mama anyway!)

Hannah has some weird bite on the back of her leg which we are monitoring.  I was bitten by a brown recluse spider years ago which then got infected by staph and it was a whole terrible experience that I have tried to forget but also want everyone in my family to avoid, so this bite makes me nervous.  We have a doctors appointment in the morning just in case it doesn't get better.  One funny thing that happened with Hannah and her brother today was good enough to write about (and remember.)  Blaine got in HG's face and yelled and then sort of hit her face with his face (imagine a headbutt).  She cried at first and then her eyes got really big, she screamed back in his face (some baby obscenities, I'm sure), and then pushed his face away in a sort of slapping motion.  Normally this kind of behavior would be totally unacceptable to us but it's the first time she's "fought back" and the whole scene really shocked us.  Blaine was a bit stunned but after a short whimper-fest he ran away and then we laughed because we knew that the epic battle between Brother and Sister has officially begun.  We know she will no longer back down or sit down and cry when he annoys her.  She's a fighter and won't let him push her around anymore.  You Go Girl!  Now, you remember this when you start dating.  I am hoping that Blaine is protecting her by that point too.

Apparently I had a lot more to say than I imagined.

Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment