Thursday, July 21, 2011

Come Home Daddy - If You Can

It's 9:45 pm here in Austin which makes is 10:45 pm in New York.  Those times are significant because I just got a text from D saying he was still on the runway in NY waiting to come home to Austin.  His flight was supposed to depart at 8:28pm.  Our poor (and tired) daddy!

So that means that if he is lucky enough to depart in the next 15 minutes he might actually get home before 3:00 am!  Awesome.

I've got this single-parent thing down now... well, for the most part.  I didn't say I liked it nor that it was easy, just that I get how to do it now and I am definitely grateful that this was only a 3 day trip instead of a 6 day trip like the last one.  That was not so fun.  I thought I was going to mentally lose it after day five.  I haven't felt that way this time.

The kids and I have been busy with Blaine's after school lessons (swimming and gymnastics) and going to the Y to workout.  After school today though we came straight home for a trip to the park and to the pond to feed the ducks.  I think most of them fly away when they see us though since Blaine likes to chase them (usually with large sticks he tears out of the tree) and yells, "Why are you running, ducks?"  Hmmmm.

Here are the kids in the double jogging stroller before we actually started going.  Unbeknownst to me all three tires were flat as pancakes so we had to switch to the single jogging stroller, which Hannah rode in, and Blaine ran like the wind ahead of us.  This was probably a better plan anyway since Mister always needs all the exercise he can get.  Those two miles of running did him in tonight.



Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment