Monday, May 2, 2011

Catch Up

This post is to catch you up... and frankly to catch me up. 
Saturday we attended William's 1st birthday party.  His birthday isn't officially until the 8th but the Pembertons will be on vacation so they decided to celebrate early.  You can see pictures from William's birthday, here.  We had fun celebrating with our friends and William seemed to have a good time too.  He is practically running all over the place now and he's all smiles all time.  Hannah soaked up attention from the new people she met and Blaine was amazing.  He was well behaved, mannered, kind and even gentle!  This was actually our first party since going gluten free and he did remarkably well.  He asked us if the different food items had gluten and when he found out that he couldn't have the cake he only looked sad for a moment.  Kari and Elliot were gracious enough to let us dig through their ice cream stash to find something special for Blaine.  Chocolate ice cream makes everything better.  Don't you think?


Waiting for the candles to be lit.

William's 1st Birthday cake!  We almost had to call the
fire department with all those candles.

Proud parents.

Singing 'Happy Birthday'
 
Mr. Elliot was sweet and let Siri and Blaine help William with his candles.
She and Blaine have a few more years experience with this birthday business.
And oh my gosh!  I can't believe I didn't mention this first but since my brain no longer works like it used to I am not shocked that I forgot this.  On that note, I asked Blaine to come to "Breakfast" like 5 times tonight and finally he said to me, "Mama, breakfast?  I thought it was dinner time?"  Anyway, I digress.  Back to my story.

I was late arriving to Blaine's soccer game Saturday because I was at a hair appointment getting my hair chopped off and colored.  When I arrived, I learned from Kari and David that my son, Mr. I-hate-soccer-and-I-cry-on-the-field-every-week, was a soccer superstar.  He was running with the kids, kicking the ball and participating!  And of course this was the first week that I did not bring my camera!  Hello, can you say "WOW!"  We were so proud of him.  Later I found out that David promised him a "special prize" if he played that day.  We've tried the "special prize" tactic before and it hasn't worked but it did this time.  I thought we were above bribery, but I guess not.  I'll just go with it.  Good job Blaine!

Sunday was a really great church service.  They did a Q&A session where they (the teaching staff) answered questions that people texted in.  Here is the link, if you're interested.  Like always, these three guys are pretty funny so it's worth the watch.

Sunday afternoon brought yard work, grocery shopping, and housework.  David bought a new power tool so that work (trimming trees) kept the boys busy for a few hours.  Blaine even dressed appropriately for all the tree cutting fun they had.  Sister and I did the "womans work" inside.

Note:
Bright Orange Shirt: Check
Camo shorts: Check
Protective Rubber boots: Check




"Wow!  That was dangerous.  My Daddy, the lumberjack!"



So nervous she started eating her shirt...
We finished the night at our new favorite pizza place: Red Brick Pizza.  Not only do they have gluten free pizza but they have T.V's at every table.  That's right parents: TV's. At. Every. Single. Table.  We actually taste our food when we're there because Blaine gets to watch Nick Jr. while we eat.  All the rules regarding "No TV during mealtimes" get thrown out at Red Brick.  Thank you Red Brick for existing.
And today was a normal day - well, except for the fact that Osama bin Laden was terminated last night and that has made today unique in a sense and oh, there is this little thing I like to call a minor fender bender I was in.  Gosh darn it!  On our way home from the Y it was wet (and it hasn't been wet in months here) and we were at a stop light.  The cars started moving, so did I, and then I reached down to grab Blaine's snack from the passenger seat when I looked up and the car in front of me had slammed on their brakes.  Awesome.  I hit the brakes but unfortunately hit the car in front of me too.  I might have said an expletive at which point Blaine asked, "What happened, Mama?"  I explained that I rain into the car in front of me as I got out of the car to check on the people I hit.  I couldn't have been going more than 10 mph, but with the rain and my SUV, I slammed into this lady's Buick pretty hard.  Luckily my front license plate only scrapped the paint on her bumper (inside next to her license plate) and my front bumper has a tiny scratch behind the plate. 

The worst part of the story - she had a 3 month old baby in the back seat.  She was so worried about her baby, rightfully so and I felt terrible.  She wasn't mean but seemed to be in shock.  We didn't call the police but I did give her my information in case they want their bumper fixed.  What a way to end a Monday.  No one was hurt, so that's good I guess.

Now that I've caught myself up on my own life I should probably get to bed.  If my Tuesday is going to look like my Monday, I'll need my rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment