Friday, March 4, 2011

www = Jessica

I've done something I've never done before.  Drum roll please.

I am now a Weight Watchers Warrior (www).  Breastfeeding has not been the weight-loss secret it was in the past and I am older... that combination has been a recipe for one big mama.  I still have 10 pounds to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight and really I'd like to be 10 pounds below that weight, so I joined Weight Watchers and am on Day 2 of the program.  I put a bikini on just three months after having Blaine and right now I struggle to put on the one-piece nine months after having Hannah.  With pool season so close, I decided I needed to do something.  So, I have a goal to lose the weight by Hannah's birthday on June 6th.  That gives me about three months to lose 20 pounds.  I think I can do it but I know I would fall off the wagon a lot sooner if I didn't make this public.  A good friend is also doing WW, so we're going to support each other and see what we can do with these bodies that motherhood has changed so drastically.

In other news (but kind of related) Blaine told me yesterday:  "Mama, you need to get some energy.  You need some energy, Mama."  If you didn't see this post, then you need to know that energy = exercise in Blaine Miller's book.

I guess Blaine knows that it's not just about nutrition, mama needs energy too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment